Working on Your Feet: Top Tips to Stay Healthy
Foot pain such as bunions and plantar fasciitis are much more common in people who have the type of job that keeps them on their feet all day. From hairdressers to nurses, there are many roles which demand walking or standing for long periods of time, and this can cause many difficulties for the feet.
If you suffer from foot problems, you may find that a job that involves a lot of standing or walking worsens your condition. However, there are a few simple tips that can help manage existing conditions, as well as preventing further foot problems from developing.
Foot Care for People Who Work On Their Feet:
1. Take time out. Your feet need regular breaks, so sitting down for a short while every hour or so can make a big difference to how you feel. If you are able, sitting down with your feet raised can help to take the pressure off and reduce swelling and inflammation in the feet.
2. Keep moving. Make sure that the bones and muscles of your feet are not static for too long. Moving your feet and ankles by stretching or walking about at frequent intervals can really help to distribute pressure more evenly on your feet and to prevent foot conditions from developing.
3. Wear good shoes. Choose shoes that will give your feet good support and cushioning. A shoe with good arch support is vital to prevent fallen arches, or flat feet, and cushioning will help to reduce the risk of developing plantar fasciitis. Visit a specialist shoe store such as Foot Solutions to find out which shoes will suit your feet and help you to stay comfortable all day.
4. Use orthotics or insoles. Insoles and orthotics can help to provide extra support and cushioning within your shoes, which is especially useful if you are on your feet all day long. Custom orthotics are designed specifically to support your feet in exactly the right places and can make a world of difference to how comfortable you feel.
5. Care for your feet. Take some time to look after your feet when you’re not working, as a simple foot massage of soaking can ease all your aches and pains and leave your feet feeling fresh. You should see a podiatrist regularly, and visit your doctor if you have any persistent pain, swelling, tingling or numbness in your feet.
Find Shoes and Arch Supports to Alleviate Foot Pain in Ireland
For the latest ranges of comfortable and stylish shoes for work, training or leisure, pop in and see our friendly and helpful staff at Foot Solutions. We will be pleased to help you find the right solution to keep your feet feeling great all day!