Foot pain can be caused by many different factors, but taking part in strenuous exercise and athletics can increase your risk of developing problems.
Prevention is always better than cure, so learning how to protect your feet and reduce the likelihood of problems developing is a very good idea. Athletes rely on their feet to sustain their career, so the way in which they care for their feet reflects their need to keep them healthy and well for the future.
How to Keep Your Feet Healthy When Exercising:
- Warm up. Many foot problems are caused by pressure on the feet, and all the muscles and tendons are far more likely to sustain damage if they are put under pressure without a proper warm up. Stretching out the tendons and joints gently before and after a workout or run is very important to keep feet healthy and prevent problems developing.
- Be consistent. Don’t suddenly change your training routine or start going much further or harder than your body is used to. If you want to increase your pace or intensity, take your time and allow your body and your feet to adjust to your new regime gradually.
- Wear good shoes. Good shoes are the best way to protect your feet from injuries or foot pain, and this is even more important when you’re training. Visit a specialist store such as Foot Solutions to take a free gait analysis test and find the shoes that will suit your feet and provide all the support and cushioning you need.
- Take care of your feet. Your feet work hard for you, so don’t forget to show them a little kindness. Foot soaks, foot massage and simply remembering to elevate your feet whenever possible to ease swelling and increase blood flow can help to keep your feet in great shape.
- Seek medical help. If you experience any foot pain or problems, you should seek medical advice as soon as possible to ensure that you recover quickly. Some foot conditions need rest in order to recover, while others require a programme of specific exercises, so it is important to see a doctor to establish what sort of condition you are dealing with, as well as to rule out underlying problems.
Find Shoes to Prevent Foot Pain in Ireland
Learning to prevent foot pain and injury is easy when you visit Foot Solutions. We have great ranges of comfortable, supportive shoes for all purposes, and we’ll offer you a free gait analysis test to find out what your feet need.
Our friendly and helpful staff will be on hand to help you to make the right decisions for your feet and your lifestyle, and you can start feeling the benefits of great shoes today!