Do you experience foot or heel pain, or pain in your ankles, knees, hips or lower back? These are very common complaints, but did you know they can often be the result of wearing the wrong shoes?
Wearing shoes that do not fit your feet properly, or that do not offer enough support to protect your feet against the pressures of everyday life, can be a major problem that can lead to many painful foot conditions. The good news, however, is that it’s usually possible to remedy these problems by making better choices of footwear, and something as simple as an arch support could help.
What Are Custom Arch Supports?
Custom Arch Supports are devices that cushion your shoes and provide extra support for your feet. They may be known as insoles or orthotics, but custom arch supports are designed specifically to fit your foot and may be an inexpensive way to dramatically improve the comfort of your feet.
Custom Arch Supports Can Treat:
- Fallen arches/flat feet. Flat feet can be a condition that exists from birth, but if arches collapse later in life, this may cause a lot of pain and discomfort when walking. Custom arch supports can provide support to the damaged arches and ensure that the rest of the foot does not become damaged as a result.
- Tendonitis. The tendons of the feet connect muscles to bones, and when tendons become inflamed after exercise or when wearing ill-fitting shoes, this can cause a great deal of pain. Foot supports can help to relieve pressure in the affected area, and allow the foot to heal more quickly.
- Bunions and heel spurs. Bunions and heel spurs are very painful foot conditions that result in protruding areas of bony growth on the foot. These can cause significant pain and discomfort, and wearing regular shoes can create pressure in the affected areas. It’s important to visit a specialist shoe store such as Foot Solutions to find the best shoes to accommodate conditions such as this, and to see if custom arch supports could make a difference to you.
- Stress fractures. A stress fracture may be caused by repetitive movements or pressure on the foot, resulting in a crack in one of the bones. Wearing an custom arch support that cushions the damaged area and allows healing to take place will lessen the time needed for recovery and make you more comfortable as you heal.
- Lifestyle related problems. If you spend long periods of time standing or walking, your feet will be at risk of damage. Wearing custom arch supports could provide extra support and cushioning, which will help you to feel more comfortable and stay well-supported all day.
Resolve Foot Problems With Comfortable Shoes in Ireland
Wearing the right shoes for your feet will help to prevent foot pain and keep your feet healthy. Visit Foot Solutions for professional fitting advice and measuring, and let our experienced staff find the best options for you and your lifestyle.