Five Easy Ways To Boost Your Mental Health in 2019
Here at Foot Solutions, we’re excited to start 2019 on a positive note and we’re looking at the importance of mental health this year. Looking after your mental health is essential to your wellbeing and there are many ways you can focus on this in your daily routine.
Read on for our guide to protecting your mental health and you will learn more about investing in self care, relaxing and developing a more positive mindset. These tips are all easy to establish in your daily schedule, and you will soon see the benefits in many different areas of your life.
Top tips to maintain your Mental Health:
· Understand self care. The term ‘self care’ means more than most people assume. Although acts of self care such as taking a bath and treating yourself to a piece of cake feel good in the short term, true self care goes deeper and involves setting yourself up for a great future. Taking care of yourself by getting your finances in order and eating nourishing food that makes your body feel good, for example, is much more helpful overall.
· Get moving. Exercise is one of the most effective ways to boost your mental health, and exercising in nature brings even more positive effects. Whether you are taking the dog for a brisk walk or training for a marathon, you will boost your endorphins and improve your mood immediately. If you are new to exercising, you should discuss this with your doctor before you begin a new regime, and you should protect your feet from pain and injury by visiting a specialist foot store such as Foot Solutions to find the best solution for you. We have a team of professional pedorthists who can make recommendations specific to you and the forms of exercise you are taking, and we can usually eliminate foot pain with a combination of comfort socks, custom arch supports and well supporting shoes.
· Safeguard your sleep. It’s all too easy to end up staying up later than you intend in the evenings, but it’s vital to protect your general and mental health by getting enough sleep. You should aim for at least seven hours every night to stay healthy, and take steps to help yourself unwind and prepare for restful sleep in the evenings so that you don’t lie awake for hours feeling stressed!
· Embrace the outdoors. Getting out in nature can help you to reduce stress levels and anxiety, as well as promoting relaxation and calmer moods. Walking in the woods, gardening and exploring your local countryside will all have positive health benefits and can be a great way to socialise and meet new people, too.
· Relax and meditate. If you can learn relaxation and meditation techniques, you will eventually be able to control your stress levels even when you are in difficult situations. You might find that guided meditations or relaxation exercises are helpful at first, and you can find and try several of these online to see what suits you best.
Find the best solutions for exercise at Foot Solutions
Visit us at Foot Solutions , experience our Foot Assessment (takes about 40 minutes) and let us help you find the best ‘foot solution’ for you so that you can lead the full and active life you dream of.