How To Banish Dry Feet
Here at Foot Solutions, we see many customers who struggle with dry feet. It can be a very frustrating condition, especially if it is persistent, and it often makes people feel self conscious about revealing their feet in the summertime. Understanding the causes of dry and peeling feet can help you to make changes in your foot care routine or lifestyle that may resolve the problem.
Wearing good shoes is the key to keeping your feet healthy, and it’s a good idea to visit a specialist shoe store and find out more about the styles that will suit your feet and provide good shock absorption and cushioning. We have excellent ranges of sandals for men and sandals for women, and you can try the latest when you pop into your local Foot Solutions store.
Reasons Why You May Have Dry Or Peeling Feet:
• Fungal infections. Fungal infections, such as Athlete’s foot, are the most common cause of peeling feet, and this isn’t always accompanied by the itching that you might expect. These infections can be tricky to get rid of, so it’s important to seek medical advice if home remedies do not prove effective.
• General strain. If you are doing a lot of exercise or walking more than usual, especially if your shoes are not supportive, you may experience cracked or dry feet since these are more likely to occur in moist environments and when you are sweating. Sharing mats or towels with others during exercise is also likely to encourage bacterial or fungal infections to spread.
• Skin damage. Skin conditions such as eczema can cause peeling and dryness anywhere on the body, and this includes the soles of the feet. Eczema may develop at any age, and there are many over the counter and home remedies that may help to relieve the discomfort. Skin may also be damaged by the sun, so don’t forget that your feet will need sunscreen too!
• Diet. What you eat and drink can help to keep your skin in good condition, so it’s vital to ensure that you drink plenty of water and eat lots of foods containing omega 3 oils, such as avocado and oily fish.
• Pay attention to your footwear. If you are wearing shoes that are made of synthetic materials or are too tight for your feet, you are much more likely to experience problems with dry or peeling skin. Try to change your shoes regularly and opt for natural materials that won’t rub or put pressure on your skin.
Find Shoes to Ease Foot Problems in Ireland
Wearing the right shoes is the best way to prevent foot problems such as dry or peeling feet, and visiting a specialist shoe store such as Foot Solutions can be a great way to find the best options for your lifestyle.