Hiking For Good Health
Hiking is an excellent way to stay fit and healthy and to explore the natural world. Whether you’re hiking around your local area or taking in a national park abroad, it’s a great way to spend time with family and friends and create fantastic memories. It is vital, however, to ensure that you wear the right shoes for the job!
Here at Foot Solutions, we stock a wide range of high quality hiking shoes and boots, including the very popular Merrell styles, Allrounder and Finn Comfort brands. Finding the right shoes for your feet and your lifestyle is the best way to keep your feet in great shape and prevent foot pain and injury.
How To Get Started With Hiking
Hiking is a good form of aerobic exercise, combining brisk walking with climbing and inclines. It is popular with social groups and families, and getting started is easy. If you have not exercised regularly before, you should start gradually and check with your doctor before you begin a new physical regime.
1. Set up for success. As with any sport or activity, hiking is safer and more fun when you have the correct equipment. Good walking shoes are essential, and plenty of pairs of hiking socks that can wick away sweat will be very helpful. Depending on the terrain you are hiking in, you are likely to need waterproof clothing and may also find poles or crampons useful in certain circumstances.
2. Find the right shoes. We already mentioned hiking boots, but you really cannot afford to scrimp on your footwear here so it’s worth another mention. Visit us to check out hiking boots for women and hiking shoes for men, and take professional advice about hiking boots and shoes to ensure that you find the best fit for your feet. We recommend high quality brands such as Merrell, that offer reliable and comfortable styles for all types of terrain and trail walking.
3. Do your research. Before setting off on a hiking expedition, as well as breaking in your new hiking boots, you should be researching the type of terrain and weather you will be facing. You will be able to cover more ground if you are walking in a flat landscape, and you should not attempt more difficult routes until you are more experienced, especially in bad weather. Always ensure that you have a mobile phone with you in case of emergencies.
4. Pack provisions. Walking and hiking use a lot of energy, and you will need to stay hydrated as well as keeping your body fuelled. High protein snacks and plenty of water are essential, and you will also need to pay attention to the weight of your backpack so that you do not increase your workload!
5. Plan a trip. Whether you’re heading into local countryside or crossing a mountain range in another country, you’ll soon discover how much fun hiking can be and you’ll want to do more of it! Take some time to consider where you’d like to explore and enjoy planning routes and trips that will allow you to create your own adventures.
Buy Comfort Shoes in Ireland
Visit our specialist staff at Foot Solutions to try our range of stylish and comfortable shoes, including hiking shoes and boots that your feet will love.